We are thrilled to announce the presentation of our annual gift to the Upstate Foundation. This year we gave an amazing $230,000 in support of children and their families fighting cancer at Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital, bringing our accumulated total support to over 4.5 million dollars! This gift is truly the culmination of the efforts of so many of you. If you have donated, volunteered or participated in our events… Thank you!! You are truly making a difference in the lives of families in need in our community, and we are so grateful to have you along in our mission.
Here’s what this gift will do:
- Provide newly diagnosed children with a backpack full of essentials and $200 VISA gift card.
- Assist families with financial costs for travel, accommodations, food and bills.
- Provide hospital Child Life Specialists with resources for teaching, helping children and families cope, family meals, celebrating holidays and art supplies.
- Sponsor H.O.P.E. (Helping Oncology Patients and Parents Engage) events where pediatric cancer patients, caregivers and siblings connect with other families battling pediatric cancer.
- Provide funding for special educational programming for pediatric patients.
Support survivors with long-term follow-up care.
- Offering financial assistance to families towards funeral costs and grief counseling.
- Support pediatric cancer research being done at SUNY Upstate and Golisano Children’s Hospital.
- Support the Paige Yeomans Arnold Patient Family Support Endowed Fund, set up to perpetually support patient and families services at the Golisano Children’s Hospital.
LocalSyr Coverage of the Presentation